The 2nd Annual End of Year Book Survey 2011 is hosted by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner.
Well, I've been reading since forever, but not as much as this year. This year was really special to me, because it had opened me the door to the world of Young Adult books! Yeah, I know, on which planet have I been living? BUT better later than never ;) So I started reading, like a lot, in July. Since then I've read so many awesome books and found about so many awesome blogs and bloggers! It was a funny year! :)
1. Best Book You Read In 2011?Huh, that's a difficult question. I've read so many good books, um, so it's kind of difficult to pick just one. But if I need to, I would pick The Iron Daughter from the serie Iron Fey. I love this book so much. I don't know how many times I've re-read it. The end is one of my favourite endings ever!
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Linger was just weird to me. I mean the parents of Grace were just so stupid from my point of view. And all the Grace/Sam situation.. I don't know. I've thought I would love it more, but I just didn't. Thank God I haven't stop there, because Forever was just amazing with the Isabel/Cole interaction!
3. Most Surprising (in a good way) Book Of 2011?
Definitely Anna and The French Kiss!! I've been telling myself to read this book since July. But I was so into paranormal, that I just haven't picked it up. I did it, however, last month and it was just AMAZING! I fell in love with it! If you haven't read it you DEFENITELY should ;)
4. Book You Recommended To People Most In 2011?
Oh The Mortal Instruments serie definitely! I fell in love with Jace and the story, so I wanted to share it with all the world!
5. Best Serie You Discovered In 2011?
Ok that's a difficult question! I would say The Mortal Instruments serie! Definitely. But then also The Iron Fey, Hex Hall and Hush, hush serie! They were all great! I love them so much!
6. Favourite New Author You Discovered In 2011?
Um, all of them :P Before I've been just reading Richelle Mead, so yeah. Cassandra Clare, Lauren Oliver, JJulie Kagawa, Rachel Hawkins, Sophie Jordan, Jennifer L. Armentrout.. and so many more :)
7. Best Book That Was Out Of Your Comfort Zoe Or Was A New Genre For You?
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I was like "Aliens? Really? Oh come on!" OH COME ON ME - God THIS book is AMAZING! Is one of my favourite books in 2011!! If you haven't read it, you must, belive me!! ;)
8. Most Thirlling, Unpotdownable Book In 2011?
Lots of them, but most of all Catching Fire from The Hunger Games serie! I couldn't put it down. And after I've finished I started Mockingjay immediately. I think I haven't slept 2 days. I was amazing!
9. Book You Most Anticipated In 2011?
The Iron Knight. Definitely. I couldn't belive it - the end of The Iron Queen - God, I was crying so hard. And then I needed to wait for 2 months for the last book to come out. And it was worth waiting!
10. Favourite Cover Of A Book You Read In 2011?
11. Most Memorable Character In 2011?
Well, obviously.. JACE!! This guy is amazing!
And my idol forever - Rose Hathaway! I will be greatfull forever for reminding me who I really was, still am.
12. Most Beautiful Written Book Read In 2011?
Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski. This book was so funny written! I was laughing so hard :D
13. Book That Had The Greatest Impact On You In 2011?
The Hunger Games. Dystopian is pretty great I've found out this year!
14. Book You Can't Belive You Waited UNTIL 2011 To Finally Read?
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare! I can't belive I've waited until 2011 to discover this amazing serie!
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
From Blood Promise:
I'm saying there's a fire in you that drives everything you do, that makes you need to better the would and those you love.
From Spirit Bound:
A year. We'd known each other only a year, but we'd lived a lifetime in it.
From City of Glass:
Silently he traced the outline of her face with his fingers, as if reassuring himself that she was real. “You could have had anything else in the world, and you asked for me.”
She smiled up at him. Filthy as he was, covered in blood and dirt, he was the most beautiful thing she’d ever seen. “But I don’t want anything else in the world.”
From The Iron Daughter:
"I think our last kiss was meant to be quick and chaste, but after the first touch of his lips fire leaped up and roared through my belly. My fingers yanked him close, digging into his back, and his arms crushed me to him as if wanting to meld us together. I knotted my fingers in his hair and bit down on his botom lip, making him groan. His lips parted, and my tongue swept in to dance with his. There was nothing sweet or gentle in our last kiss; it was filled with sorrow and desperation, of the bitter knowledge that we could've had something perfect, but it just wasn't meant to be."
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
Anna and The French Kiss for sure!
17. Book That Had A Scene In That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?
The plot of The Mortal Instruments. And Hex Hall - the kiss scene was amazing!!
Blook Blogging/Reading Life in 2011
1. New Favourite Book You Discovered In 2011?
Pretty much all of them. But my favourite are AnnaReads, The Perpetual Page-Turner, Mimi Valentine, Paranormal Indulgence and I am a Reader, not a Writer :)
2. Best Review That You Wrote in 2011?
Um, I haven't write any review, yet. Maybe a new start in the new year! - Um, actually I decided I will give it a try, so I wrote my first book review ever Divergent.
3. Best Discussion You Had On Your Blog?
Huh uh, the post of waiting on Wednesday - Shatter Me. We were all eager for this book to come out!
4. Most Thought-Provoking Review You Read On Somebody Else's Blog?
The stick figures of Vampire Academy by Anna at AnnaReads :)
5. Best Event That You Participated in 2011?
I've been a cheerleared on Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon and it was great! I had such a great time while cheering and doing mimi challenges! It was the best!
6. Best Moment Of Book Blogging in 2011?
Huh uh, last night when I discovered My Book Boyfried meme!! I totally love it! And also Top Ten Tuesday! I love lists! :)
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog?
The post My Book Boyfriend #1: Zachary got the most views! I mean it's Zach from the Shade serie we are talking about lol. And the most comments got the post In My Mailbox (5) :)
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Um, my Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books That Made Me Emote In A Variety Of Ways. I've put all my love for the books on the list into this post.
9. Best Bookish Discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.) in 2011?
Well, I started really reading this year so, I should say (don't laugh!) Goodreads.com :) I totally love this site!! All books aranged in order how I want them. And you can find ANYTHING about books and authors!
10. Did You Complete Any Reading Challenges Or Goals That You Had Set For Yourself At The Beginning Of This Year?
All my challenges we established in July - that was the time when I started reading a lot. I think I will complete GoodReads 2011 Reading Challenge - I've put the goal of 75 books, and now I have only 4 left til the goal :) I think I'll achive it!
1. One Book You Didn't Get To in 2011 But WIll Be YOur Number 1 Priority in 2012?
Jessica Darling serie for sure!! And maybe the Harry Potter serie as well. For this one I am not that sure :P I know, I know but really! I don't know why I can't get myself to read this serie..
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
CITY OF LOST SOULS!! May can't come fast enough! I would die to have this book!
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging in 2012?
Reading - Read all the amazing books I am can't wait now to read next year! When I get a hold of City Of Lost Souls I will swich off my phone and go to a place where noone knows me and I will read it till the end! I will cry, laugh, smoke like a Turkey guy, because I will be so nervous! And then in the end I will probably want to die, because the ending will be for sure totally awful and I will need to wait for another YEAR to read the finish. Gosh this will be amazing.
Blogging - Well, I'll learn how to write reviews :P And then I'll start writing them :) Hope it will be fun! :)
I had such a great time this year! My London time would have never been so great if it wasn't for the amazing books I've read there. If it weren't for them, I would have felt very lonely. I've met lots of people there, they were all very nice, but didn't have quite lots of time to spend haning out.. But there were characters from my books that have spent all the time I wanted with me. We had fun in the kitchen of Olly's London Flat drinking English tee and smoking tobacco :) It was a really great year! I've grown up a lot, I think. And I've learn lots of things :)